June 27, 2017
Taking the ACT or SAT is very stressful, even for the most prepared students. Stress can either push students harder to reach their goals or overwhelm them. Below are five great tips to put negative feelings aside and focus on the task at hand.
- Take a Walk or Exercise - Research has proven that exercising can boost your memory and brain power.
- Plan Your Study Routine - Create a personal study plan and stick to it.
- Get Enough Sleep - Sleep helps your brain to assimilate new knowledge into your long-term memory so that you can recall it when it comes to test day.
- Listen to Classical/Relaxing Music - Music can create a positive and productive environment by elevating your mood and encouraging you to study more effectively and for longer.
- Eat Dark Chocolate - Chocolate which is over 70% cocoa fights the exam stress hormone cortisol and has an overall relaxing effect on the body.