1. Don’t stay on a hard question for too long! If you are staying on a question for more than 2x the normal amount of time you would spend on it, you need to move on! Especially on the ACT since it is more of a time crunch than the SAT
2. Use process of elimination if you can’t figure out a question! There is no penalty for guessing on the SAT and ACT!
3. Bubble page by page or passage by passage! Bubbling question by question is an inefficient time waster. Ex: You are reading a passage and answer the first question. You decide to bubble after your answer, distracting you from the passage and where you were in the passage. This wastes your total time and is inefficient. Instead, you should bubble after you are done answering all questions on a passage so that you never lose focus from the passage.
4. Pay attention to the amount of time you have left! If you have less than half time remaining and you aren’t even half way done, you need to speed up! Paying attention to time is important to pace yourself.
5. Stay calm. While taking tests, you perform your best if you stay calm.